white 7400 cab over

and it was mounted on a pickup chassis. This 1953 White 3000/Model 3022 PLT semi-tractor is hanging out in Oregon, where its tired paint and mossy coating offer some indication as to… more», COE or Cab Over Engine trucks were a staple in the trucking industry for decades. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'barnfinds_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_0',134,'0','0'])); This 1962 7400 model is the cheaper of the two, offered at $800 with no transmission. I saw one of these on the road one day. This 1967 White 3000 is an interesting and seldom seen cab over engine design that’s described as being in reliable driving condition. The ultimate goal is to have Brutus ready for the 2014 truck show season. I love just about any information I can get about this stuff. This truck is an excellent candidate for a rat rod. Notify me of new comments via email. [4] An unusual feature for the time was the RC2's pull-out drawer containing all electrical fuses and connections, located inside the cab.

It’s a 1948 White Super Power cab that’s married to a 1960 Buick Invicta sedan rear and it’s powered by a 1953 Studebaker engine. It has been sitting for over 20 years. 1957 WHITE 3000 COE CABOVER TRUCK These COE's make nice rod projects, ramp trucks or rollbacks. your own Pins on Pinterest

How about two of ’em? You’ll need to do some cutting and welding of the firewall in order for the cab to fit around the diesel retrofit, but this one at least has a transmission and was running within the last 10 years. Hi Robert, love the enthusiasm. I am 13, and have some saved money.

Required fields are marked *.

The truck is missing a fair amount of its trim as well, but it said to come with a good helping of spare interior parts. Hey my old Red and White 7400 White made me a lot of money! The 7400 is powered by a Cummins VT903 and according to Scott is in perfect running condition. Pretty much describes everything we see here…. Great work by Scott in returning this old rig back to its former glory. In 1975 the modernized Road Commander 2 was introduced, with a redesigned cabin using the new "tapered" doors seen across the White lineup and also on many Autocar with the "2" version and other classic Autocar and Western Star trucks kept the White classic cab, both brands also owned by White. RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. they were 402s with 9 speed overgears and one was a chrysler 413 with an 18 speed double over. 1946 DIAMOND T 3/4 ton PICKUP TRUCK LOOK RAT HOT ROD GASSER RARE CUSTOM PROJECT. We’re sorry, we could not issue pre-approval based on the information provided.

This earlier White 4000 has some fitment issues on the inside, as the cab is from a gas engine truck.

eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'barnfinds_com-box-3','ezslot_2',143,'0','0'])); Ever feel the need for a big rig? The white COE is a rarer coe to find, and it has a cool "round cab" design with the extra cab. Well, your prayers could be answered based on this listing here on craigslist for a 1960 and… more», The White company first produced sewing machines then steam powered cars and then switched to gasoline power in 1911. They would definitely have to go to a dedicated individual who would restore them, or use them as parts trucks. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=White_Road_Commander&oldid=982775015, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 10 October 2020, at 08:09. While mechanical parts are still around, body, trim, or interior parts for the 4000 may be getting hard to find. After World War 1, they switched from producing cars to trucks and buses. We are far to quick to dispose and forget history in this day and age. Cab-over, also known as cab over engine (COE), cab forward (U.S.), flat nose (Canada), or forward control (UK), is a body style of truck, bus, or van that has a vertical front, "flat face" or a semi-hood, with the cab of the truck sitting above (or forward of) the front axle. Whatever it is,… more», As part of the large Georgia collection we’ve featured here on Barn Finds as an Exclusive, I wanted to create a post specific about some of the vintage trucks that are available. The windshield remained split. If I wind up with one I will let you know.

( much to my father’s dismay) The 1st heavy duty truck I drove was an International 190, that was similar to the White. [5] It was sold in several European markets such as Switzerland and the United Kingdom. The “tag” axle on the back is an air operated “dead axle”( meaning no gears) and was used to increase load capacity, further compounding the low power problem. When it comes to Scott’s truck he affectionally refers to the White as “Brutus”, mostly for the beating in put on his knees during the journey home. They also look great restored to original. Patina’d Cab Over: 1953 White 3000 Cab-over trucks occupy a unique place in the vintage vehicle market, as their innovative design keeps trucks like this 1953 White 3000 on the radars of enthusiasts looking for a slightly larger restoration project. The later White High Cabover was available as a WHS and WHL cab, these acronyms standing for "White High-cab Short" and "White High-cab Long". They were tough to get out of after a long day of driving, and the ride in them was pretty firm. Discover (and save!) Hi Paul seen you responded to post and said you was a ltl mechanic, my grand father work there has truck driver in the 70s. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser.

When restoration is complete the truck will sport former Lyons colors of red, light metallic green, black and white. Good luck.

This contrasts with a conventional truck where the engine is mounted in front of the driver. They were partially developed due to length limits imposed by the government for commercial vehicles. Be advised, working on big trucks differs from cars, everything is big (and heavy) and parts are very expensive, but quite universal. For example the American historical truck society has a good classifieds.

yup, does spice up the dash a little. How about two of ’em? This 1962 7400 model is the cheaper of the two, offered at $800 with no transmission. Final credit approval is conditioned on verification of provided information, receipt of a complete application and credit review and approval of applicant and collateral. To help with the visualization check out this link containing some photos of LTL trucks back in the day. They’re inefficient and obsolete. ATRO Parts - Product Details. I’m curious as to what motors are in them; it looks like the Cabover has got a Cummins…. its a tach o gragh there was a card that would read engine rpm’s driver shift points and what all drivers hated (city drivers) how long the truck set at idle, i worked the cleveland termial as a mechanic i have 1 LTL cab decal a peel and stick.

The Road Commander 2 has a bolted frame made of high tensile steel, while the all-aluminum cabin is hydraulically tilted. How about two big rig cab projects that need practically everything? Others for their performance. [1] The RC2 was also marketed in many export markets and such models met all period EEC and ECE regulations. In addition to appearing very nicely preserved, the seller also lists a host of recent maintenance, and features like a built-in, period PA system, electrically tilting cab, and a big 400 cubic inch gasoline fired straight-six should be endless fun to play with. ** Pre-approval is based on information provided. Or subscribe without commenting. Here's a nicely restored Over Dose White at an ATHS show.

After Volvo's takeover the Road Commander received a light facelift and continued to be sold as the White High Cabover. Despite their crudeness compared to… more» Mar 24, 2018 • For Sale • 48 Comments. White fell on hard financial times and declared bankruptcy in 1980. They, as with all cabovers, were miserable trucks, and the Road Commander ( we called them “Road Commodes”) were the replacement for these.

Coast Runner: 1953 White 3000. There’s a wealth of knowledge here. Perhaps the best remembered vehicles of the White… more», I don’t normally get into the patina or rat rod scene, but this truck is begging to have its desert-blasted surfaces captured in clear coat and then dropped a bit closer to earth with some widened steel wheels and… more», Studebaker Powered 1948 White-Buick Rat Rod, EXCLUSIVE: Vintage Trucks from the Georgia Collection. The truck once belonged to Lyons Transporation Lines of Erie, PA. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. As time rolls by most old trucks earn a nickname. Placement of the truck cab over the motor saved some length. The White Custom Cab is the Autocar Driver Cab. Currency: Sort ... 7400T cab over, Cummins 903, V8, Eaton 10 speed, single axle, spring ride, 65 gal fuel tank, (4) alum wheels, Sold By: APPELL EQUIPMENT SALES Galva, Illinois 61434 VISIT OUR WEBSITE.

Pagans Motorcycle Club News, Nba 2k20 Graphics Mod, Gujarat Government Pension Rules, Marco Gobbetti Leadership Style, Hunting Club Sydney, Shattered Throne Eggs, Oblivion Arena Armor Mod, Kari Krome Songs, I Sexually Identify As An Attack Helicopter Isabel Fall Pdf, Splash Marine Boats, Rainy Dayz Game, Twisted Wonderland Guide, Play Retro Games Unblocked, Nba 2k20 Mobile My Career, Best Legend Rare Battle Cats, Wow Oglethorpe Obnoticus Mechagon, Dental Crown Problems Forum, Australian Artist Signatures, Funimation Chromecast Unable To Play Video At This Time, 12 Week Old Doberman, Instinct Season 2 Dvd, Digimon Fusion Season 3 Episode 1, Mallory Pugh Ethnic Background, Retropie Rom List, Aice Environmental Management Paper 3 Example, Peel Centre Parking Charges 2020, Her Name Is Margo Roblox Id, 2010 Nissan Murano Radio Memory Loss, Minecraft Cyberpunk Texture Pack, What Happened To Brandon Smiley, Bdo Squid Node, Best Pepe Pics, Le Prix De La Gloire Streaming Vf, Darcy Montgomery Smith, 2016 Vs 2017 Escalade, Delorean Project For Sale Uk, Framed Solution Chapitre 3, Lettre Pour Exprimer Sa Déception, Prince Andrew Melanie Shaw, Daytripper Comic Analysis, Shattered Throne Eggs, Fake Tweet Generator With Reply, Requiem For A Friend Rilke, Philosophy: A Very Short Introduction Pdf, Outbreak Perfected Catalyst Solo, Pete Potipcoe Leaving, Kwa Encebollado De Pescado, Whiten Armpits With Baking Soda And Lemon, Elex Outlaw Build, Requiem For A Friend Rilke, Jalama Surf Cam, Faceit Ranks To Mm 2019, Square D Homeline 200 Amp Panel Wiring, Hospital Zoom Background, Stiletto Knife Legal Canada, 13 Plus English Past Papers, Which Of The Following Best Describes A Purpose Of Source Documents, Apple Com Bill, Didi Pickles Quotes, Caren Marsh Doll Gone With The Wind, Misha Green Instagram, Banh Cuon Calories, The Wow Book Pdf, Chi Memorial Portal, Guccio Gucci Net Worth 2020, Table Saw Table, Largest Evans Cycles London, Abigail Williams And John Proctor, Characters With Undercuts, Who Is Thangam Rowdy,